• BA from San Diego State University in Liberal Studies – May 2015
• Teaching English as a Second Language Certificate – May 2015
• Multiple Subject Credential from San Diego State University – December 2016
• MA in Elementary Education from San Diego State University – May 2018
• LJL Training Completed: Structured Literacy, ISEE Test Prep, Executive Functioning
Specialties: Science of Reading, reading comprehension, early literacy, reading strategies, DIBELS, ADHD, Social Emotional Learning.
Jenny has been an elementary school teacher for four years. Prior to teaching, she has worked in education for over ten years in many different capacities. She has worked with a variety of students with different needs ranging from elementary school to high school ages. Jenny’s passion is teaching reading and writing. She loves being able to work one on one with students until they have that light bulb moment where what they are learning finally clicks. She feels that literacy plays a huge role in reducing inequities and that everyone deserves to feel empowered in their reading and writing abilities.